Felicia Learning in NIE

Friday, September 17, 2004

Sleepy

Woah.... This has been a wonderful week, it is not called school experience for nothing :)
Well... hmmm...... heee I have learnt so much that it is really hard to put into words... its the experience....

Well....within this week I have taught in 3 classes already... going for my fouth and last one today.... Practice makes perfect..... thats the most important tool....

The first lesson was bad for me... I assumed so much that at the end of the lesson, I was blurred and I think the students were blurred too... hehee lesson plans really dun work huh .... The mood of the students matter more.. I feel.... I assumed that they knew this and that, and it was suppose to be a revision class to I gave them all the information, teaching them the formations of river landforms, channels characteristics, the input of the chart and so on... all in 1 hour... hheee obviously.. information overload..... :)

The 2nd got better and by the time it came to the 3rd... hahaa... I think i got the hang of it..

The teachers who asked me to teach were really kind, they took down notes and told me where I went wrong and where I could improve...I am really grateful to them!

The best experience I had was to observe this class which is like..hmmm the terror..... haa it was....Three of us were in that class, and there were only around 35 students.... They were talking, chating, listening to discman, reading newspapers, er... throwing blue tack towards the board.... heheee and....hmmmm playing football...hahha that was really interesting... really really.... so class !!! Our practice session is rather accurate... and guess what... at the end of the lesson....one of the boys gave me a cockoroach and the other CUT my hair :)

Okie... once i think its funny... I wonder how... hee hee if I am made form teacher of that class.... Passion i think :) They are really challenging .. and they are only sec 3

Right...one last tip i thought was important... Mrs. Tan told us that at the end of a test paper, she puts there ... expected marks... and asked the students to grade themselves at the end of their paper... interesting.. then the students become more aware of what they do.....


What i learnt most is.... Be nice, be kind, compassionate, caring, concerning, sincere.... but have to be firm and state expectations :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home