Felicia Learning in NIE

Monday, August 23, 2004

Hmmmm....

Waoh! Today is quite an experience... I was shocked, overwhelmed, at a lost ..... hmmmm

Things that could have gone better:
  1. Indeed true that crossword puzzle cannot be done in groups.
  2. Went through the answers, explaining and probing questions - like what I did with Clifton, instead of asking for answers. I should have known! Argh... how could I simply just give answers and be not aware of the students learning? I disliked that when teachers did that to me :(
  3. Be more careful with my answers and not provide the chance to let students copy/cheat.
  4. Not allowed the father to take my students away, but insist that the parent should get permission from the school/ HOD before taking the boy away (that is if I was sure that was someone outside the school :) )
  5. Early dismissal is indeed not a wise choice.. then I might give students the idea that leaving class early is an incentive and a bonus or a benefit... and hmm that defeats education... ---- learning nation :) ?????

Wao... the list goes on......Why didnt I think about all these? Hmm... they kinda seem rather simple... gosh! Well not that I am blaming myself or becoming disappointed or crying over spill milk.. but I am rather shocked that I couldnt handle everything and that such mistakes could have happened! It is amazing that these didnt come to my mind when I thought I had thought through my lesson plans rather carefully and was kind of hoping for an exciting lesson to motivate student ... Mission failed ... ops!

It rather scarely... I though I was ready.. I really thought so..... I sincerely thought I had a flair in teaching, in handling 'bad' kids... boy! was I wrong!!!! It seems rather beyond me.... hmmm ... I really felt like stopping (many a times through this experience) and say, " okie forget it ... you just do what you all want." Oh no! And I havent started the real teaching .... ???? Hmmm....

I knew that the Contents was not everything, but hmmm... never felt it so strong before. ....

Enough of why I didnt do this, why I didnt do that..... Now.. what will I do?

Actually I kind of look forward to my practicum or my teaching experience now... I guess as time goes by I will be able to handle such.. and concentrate on the contents...Coming to this... then may be during the first 1 or 2 weeks, I should really consider stating my grounds with the students, putting off the contents of the lessons a little and try to put the class in control first....

And yes...!!! Spelling mistakes... careless mistakes... that should not happen!!! not at least.. so many mistakes in one lessons... never number this... never spell that rightly... argh!!!!

Gosh! Anyway... I did learn alot today.. and to a great extend.. so much .. its hard to put into words :)

WAOH!


1 Comments:

  • At 24 August 2004 at 22:03, Blogger WJ said…

    Hello Felicia- I didn't think your lesson was a failure at all. I thought it was great how you managed to convince me to come back to the class. =)

    Sorry for giving you such a very hard time. hehe. - Angel

     

Post a Comment

<< Home